Me and My Car

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Maruti SX4 | Incomparable “Made in India” Car

My Test Drive Experience....

Here is a detailed research and analysis about the SX4.

I took the test drive of SX4 today and completely bowled on the spot. This car is really Awesome or I would say incomparable in this segment “C”.

Let me go a step back and explain you why I was completely flatted: Well I WAS looking for C segment car from last 2-3 months and I was researching on Web, visiting dealers and taking test drives etc. I took the test drive of Ford Fiesta, Verna, City etc and finally started the process of making my mind that there is no other option then Honda City. The parameters I took in consideration Price, Mileage, Luxury, Comfort, Brand and Resale value. I was planning to materialize my decision soon BUT Suddenly I heard that Maruti is planning to launch a new car and I decided to hold my decision for few more days.


Source: Carwale.com


And very soon Maruti rolled out SX4. I was swimming on web to find out more and more details and I did get it. I found a comparison chart where SX4 was compared with Fiesta, City / i-Vtech, Verna, and Corolla, and SX4 was leading the chart with best height, width and road clearance 190 MM, better then any other big size car including SUV Scorpio which is 180 MM (visit it’s site for detail).

And finally today I visited Maruti showroom at New Delhi and took test drive of SX4 twice, and spontaneously decided to buy new Maruti SX4 Zxi top model. Below are some minor highlights:

  1. It has a fresh jazzy sporty look
  2. Extreme comfort for passenger and driver. Adjustable driver’s seat Height
  3. Full of sensors like – If you miss to wear seat belt, car will indicate you before traffic police :)
  4. ABS / EBD
  5. Tubeless tyres with alloy wheels
  6. Automatic climate control. It also tell you the temperature in out side the cars
  7. Joystick control for outside rear view mirror
  8. Audio control at steering wheel
  9. Dual Airbags with releasing seatbelts technology
  10. Euro – 4 compliance engind
  11. Engine very quiet and excellent pick up
  12. Adjustable steering column tilt
  13. Driver seat height adjuster

And many more…!

Only hidden item which has not been declared by Maruti yet is Mileage. It seems a strategic move by Maruti to capture the market. I discussed with dealers and users it will be some where around 12-16 KMPL, which looks not bad for a luxury segment car.

Hope this information will help you, in case of more information visit nearest Maruti dealer.

Open for feedback, if you feel this information is helpful; do not forget to leave some comments here.


Best Regards,
Pushpendra

5 comments:

Suman said...

Good posting buddy and decent info. Looking for buying one in 6 months after seeing how it performs over the period. The millage is a matter to think about, but as its Maruti, should be decent enough. How much was your on road price(with tax, insurance, etc, etc). if you can provide the breakup that would be great. Thanks.
Suman(onlytupai@gmail.com)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the info buddy....
Can you upload some pics of the interiors??

Is the rear-middle seat protrution that big a problem??

Also how is the mileage?? Does it give more than 12kmpl??

Anonymous said...

The SX4 definitely will just about give 12-13 in the highway. In the city 9-10.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info.
I have just booked one. Was just a little worried abt the mileage but going through a lot of reviews, i guess 10 in the city in good for the power the SX4 offers!!

AJAY VISWAS said...

hi friend i am also in the same situation as you are i have to choose between city or sx4 ....but now i am going for sx4..........Thanks a lot for the review......Have a great time

from
ajayviswas@gmail.com